Here’s What…
Who is this guy “Murphy” anyway? And what kind of life must he have…his Law stinks!
Today I’m at my coffee shop spending a few hours writing my web series and taking a little longer than I need to since I’ve decided I have a crush on one of the guys that work here. (Yep, I decided a couple days ago…I think it’s a result of having no one else even remotely on my dating horizon) Anyway, after looking over the menu (which is pretty extensive) I decide what I really want is a cheese quesadilla. Sounds good, right? But, when I order it, they don’t have any tortillas!!! Of course! Murphy got me!! And now, that’s the only thing I want…I can’t find anything else on the menu that even sounds good! WHY??? Anyone else have that happen…when a restaurant is out of something, it’s like the ONLY thing you can even imagine eating?? I’m just imagining Murphy running around the streets of Culver City with a satchel full of tortillas just laughing at my misfortune!
Ok, so my coffeehouse crush just leaned across the counter to ask if I wanted him to make me a grilled cheese instead (an item that is not on the menu), since they DO have bread. Well, that does still involve hot cheese…which I have to admit I have a weakness for (I mean, how can anyone say that hot cheese isn’t the business…enchiladas, quesadillas, nachos, grilled cheese…too good!) So, I order the grilled cheese…laughing right back in Murphy’s face! And smiling at the fact that my coffeehouse crush is cooking something just for me…so maybe this Law isn’t all bad…I’ll have to thank Murphy next time I see him, cuz he won't get the best of me…and THAT’S WHAT!
No comments:
Post a Comment