Thursday, March 24, 2011

Knee Highs, My Secret Weapon


Here’s What…

I have a secret weapon…knee highs.

Some of you following along may know that I rock a retro style these days…knee highs. Some of you may not know this, but I have at least 10 pairs and I rock them with dresses, skirts and boots. Many of them are different colored argyle, some pairs are striped, a couple pairs have polka dots, and I even have one pair with pink peace signs. It seems that whenever I wear them, people talk to me…they have to comment on the socks in some way.  

I started wearing them just for fun cuz I liked the slight funkiness they add to an outfit…and the way that I could still maintain some sort of sexiness without pushing my breasts up to my neck (really the socks even work with a sweatshirt over a shapeless dress!) But, once I realized how people reacted to them, I started thinking of them as a secret weapon I could pull out if needed.

So, today, as I was getting ready to head out to an open interview for a cocktail serving job in Santa Monica (having NO cocktail serving experience, by the way) I decided it was the perfect time to utilize my secret weapon…yes, cue the 007 theme music! Today’s choice was a particularly fun pair of bright blue, gray, and white argyles that I wore with camel suede boots. I set off to the interview rockin’ the heck out of my socks and feelin’ funky! As I sat at the bus stop waiting for the first of my 2 buses, someone drove by and honked. Yep, the socks were working…

I don’t usually notice if people honk or shout out their windows at me (as many of my friends will tell you) but today was exceptionally full of reactions and I started keeping track so I could tell you all the details. On my bus and walking travels today, I was honked at 27 times and shouted at 13. I was bought a drink when I stopped to catch some of the SDSU basketball game (which really doesn’t happen that often) And, as I’m sitting here in the coffeehouse writing, I am secretly hoping the knee highs will continue to work their magic on my coffeehouse crush.

I am a cute girl, but definitely no supermodel that gets honked at and checked out all the time…but these socks are like a girl’s best friend (diamonds have been usurped!) Although, I think what it really boils down to is the fact that wearing knee highs makes me happy and makes me feel funky, sexy, and fun…so of course other people will notice when I’m glowing from inside out!

I think the knee highs are really a secret weapon for myself…like a confidence bomb, a cannon that shoots out inner pizzazz…that’s the secret that makes knee highs such a great weapon…and THAT’S WHAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment